Friday, April 6, 2012

More on the Rabbits

In my excitement for all things bunny, I forgot to mention some important details about the rabbits. They are American Chinchilla rabbits. More information on this breed can be found here. We specifically chose a breed of rabbits listed with the American Livestock Breed Conservancy. We want to help improve the numbers on a breed that needs a boost. We also wanted a breed that was known for being a good producer in terms of rabbit meat. We're hoping to be able to help other families get started with the breed as well.

The girls just had to name our breeding stock, so Isla, Charlotte, and Ken are adjusting to their new surroundings. To be honest, I think they find me a bit strange, as I just sit and watch them with a goofy grin on my face. This has easily been one of the best birthday presents for me, that I can remember.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! It looks like you got the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete