Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby and Kids

Little Man has been keeping us plenty busy. Here he is dreaming about spring...at least his mom and dad are!

To try to get in a bit of early "dirt" time, I separated my aloe pups from the mother plant and potted them. I also had to throw away the rosemary plant that didn't agree with growing in my kitchen. I'll try again with the rosemary, as it's a great herb for cooking.

Here's Chessie asking me if she looks fat. I kept a straight face and told her she was still as beautiful as ever. I can't wait to have goat milk again. Little Man's belly doesn't agree when I eat cow's milk dairy. This isn't a big deal for me, but the goat's milk is an entirely different story. I really don't want to have to miss out on goat cheese, ice cream, and my favorite, steel cut oats with warmed goat milk.

We can't wait to see our goat kids (Arriving in mid-late March)! I'm crossing my fingers that I get some doelings. I'd especially love for Tease to have a doeling, as I've heard great things about the Saanen/Alpine crosses. We're almost completely done getting our kidding kit together.

Hopefully, we'll be able to post about our garden plans fairly soon. This growing season promises to be an exciting one!

No comments:

Post a Comment